Wednesday 2 January 2013

Cooking my Favourite things....Raspberry Vinegar

I just love Raspberry Vinegar.......its great on salads,  but if made with sugar,  it tastes wonderful on pancakes!  
But for this recipe I am just making the salad variety......

RECIPE

Fresh or Frozen raspberries
White Wine Vinegar

I got a small jar, and added 2-3 oz  of frozen raspberries....
I added enough White Wine Vinegar  to cover.......
Put it away for 2 weeks in a dark cool place........

After two weeks remove the raspberries from the vinegar  and boil up the juice.....
(this is when you could add the sugar if you wish for a sweet dessert sauce)

leave to boil for 5 minutes  and when cooled, return to the jar.

Ready to use straight away......



I also made some wonderful Raspberry Vinagarette  for salad,  and this can be used as soon as it is made...

RECIPE

2-3 oz Fresh or Frozen raspberries....( I used Frozen)
1 Tbs Dijon Mustard
Quarter cup of White Wine Vinegar...(or Cider Vinegar)
Quarter cup of Balsamic Vinegar
Pinch of Salt...
Pinch of your favourite herb if desired....( I added a pinch of oregano)



I used my Mini Food Processor , and it is a wonderful little tool.......(£6 From Asda)   because although I have a full sized one,  I dont want to mess the big one up when I have tiny amounts to do.....
So I added all the ingredients all at once then just mixed it up......
I used it straight away,  but there was quite a bit of it,  so the rest of it is in my fridge waiting for my next salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment